Live Roulette Rules
The first thing you need to know about roulette is how you actually win. A wheel starts spinning and a metal ball is spun on it in the opposite direction. The wheel is made up of numbers ranging from 0 to 36 (some versions also include a “00″ pocket) and is coloured black and red apart from the “0″ and “00″ pocket which are green. The ball will eventually land in one of the pockets which becomes the winning pocket. The idea is to have a bet placed on one of the qualities that the winning pocket possesses (such as colour or number).
The Betting Process
The betting process takes place up until the dealer calls “no more bets”; this includes the time when the ball has already started spinning around the wheel. There are two types of bets that can be made in roulette, inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets are placed on any of the numbers or a small group of numbers that neighbour each other on the table (not the wheel). Outside bets apply to a quality of the number on the wheel, this includes whether it’s odd or even, the colour it is, where the number is placed on the wheel etc.
The winnings can vary depending on the bet you make, outside bets are generally safer since they apply to a large quantity of numbers on the board, but inside bets pay off more due to the unlikeliness of them winning. There will be a maximum betting limit and also a minimum betting limit on most tables, so keep track of what you’re placing!
You can place inside bets on the green pocket(s), but you can’t with outside bets. Making the “0″ pocket exclusive to inside bets gives the house the statistical advantage over the player. In European and French Roulette there is a single “0″ pocket, in American Roulette there is also a “00″ pocket and you might find other versions contain other, less traditional, pockets.
Types of Bets
There are several kinds of bets which can be made in roulette, most are universal however some are restricted to certain versions of roulette.
Outside bets are when a player bets on the outer edges of the table which include large groups of numbers, most of these bets are predetermined and the numbers included in the bet can’t be altered. These include:
- Column Bet: Betting on any of the three columns running down the middle of the table.
- Dozen Bet: Betting on any of the three groups of twelve numbers going across the table (1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36).
- Low Bet: Betting on numbers 1 through to 18
- High Bet: Betting on numbers 19 through to 36
- Even Bet: A bet that includes all even numbers.
- Odd Bet: A bet that includes all the odd numbers.
- Red Bet: A bet that includes all the numbers coloured red on the roulette wheel.
- Black Bet: A bet that includes all the numbers coloured black on the roulette wheel.
- Snake Bet: This is a special kind of dozen bet which forms a snake-like pattern on the table (includes the numbers 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34).
Inside bets are when a player bets on the individual numbers or a small group of numbers at the centre of the table, these can be changed around to the players taste in numbers. These include:
- Straight up: A bet on a single number.
- Split: When a player bets on two numbers next to each other on the table.
- Street: A bet that consists of three numbers in a row on the table (16, 17 and 18 or 1,2 and 3).
- Carre/Corner: Betting on four numbers by placing the chip on the centre corner of each.
- Six-Line: Betting on 2 rows that lie next to each other on the table (e.g. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9).
- Trio: This is a bet that’s only available on roulette wheels that only have the “0″ pocket. The bet is placed either on 0, 1 and 2 or 0, 2 and 3.
- Basket: This is a bet similar to Trio except in can also be played on American Roulette wheels. The bet is placed on ’0, 1 and 2′, ’0, 00 and 2′ or ’00, 2 and 3′.
- Top Line: This bet can only be made on American Roulette wheels which include both “0″ and “00″ pockets. The bet is placed on 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3
- Final Bet: This is where a player bets on all numbers that end in a certain digit, so final 2 would be a bet on the numbers 2, 12, 22 and 32.
- Tiers Du Cylinder: A bet that’s placed on a group of numbers which are all close together on the roulette wheel opposite to the “0″ pocket (these numbers are 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33).
- Voisins du Zero: Translates directly to English as “Neighbours of Zero”, this refers to a bet which includes a large amount of numbers near to the “0″ pocket on the roulette wheel (these numbers are 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2 and 25).
- Orphelins/Orphans: This is a bet on the numbers that don’t appear in either “Tiers Du Cylinder” or “Voisins du Zero” (these numbers are 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31 and 9).
- Jeu Zero: Also known as “Zero Game” or “Zero Spiel”, this includes a smaller group of numbers surrounding the “0″ pocket (these numbers are 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32 and 15).
- “X” and the Neighbours: The neighbours are the two numbers that lay on either side of a number on the roulette wheel, so saying “10 and the neighbours” would be a bet on the numbers 24, 5, 10, 23 and 8.
There are many variants of roulette; however the most popular two are European (or French) Roulette and American Roulette. There are only a couple of differences between the two. The first is that the European Wheel only has the single “0″ pocket, whereas the American wheel has both the “0″ and the “00″ pocket.
The second difference is the “En Prison” rule which is exclusive to European Roulette. This rule dictates that if you have chips placed on an even bet (so red/black, even/odd or high/low) and the ball lands in the “0″ pocket, you’re entitled to take back half of what you bet. This is known as “La Partage”. If you don’t take back your half of the bet you can “imprison” it. This means that it stays on the table and if you win your bet this time you can take back the whole of your original bet, but you do not receive any additional winnings. However if you lose then the bet goes to house.
|William Hill Casino||£150||100% Deposit||10/10||Review||Play Now!|
|SuperCasino||£600||Code 'RCM300'||10/10||Review||Play Now!|
|Castle Casino||£100||100% Deposit||9/10||Review||Play Now!|
|Genting Casino||£150||100% Deposit||9/10||Review||Play Now!|
|BetVictor Casino||£175||100% Deposit||9/10||Review||Play Now!|
|Bet365 Casino||£150||150% Deposit||8/10||Review||Play Now!|
|Jackpot247||£400||Code 'Bumper'||7/10||Review||Play Now!|
|888 Casino||£100||100% Deposit||6/10||Review||Play Now!|
|188Bet Casino||£50||100% Deposit||6/10||Review||Play Now!|